Friday 4 June 2010

Roots in the mind

Yesterday, at work, I had a problem with a person. There was some tension and some things were said.....This morning, the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up was this incident. "I should have said this and that, I should have not said this and that....."

And then I realized how important is to realize how some thoughts want and do take roots in our mind. That thought of yesterday's incident was forming roots and wanted to stay, to condition the mind.

It would be important to realize this phenomenon, and thus not allow it. It seems to me that painful (including fearful) thoughts take roots in our brain, and influence future behaviour, future reactions, that is, conditions our mind.

The extreme situation is when a thought takes roots and comes and comes again, becoming a kind of obsession. This clearly will influence our lives in a negative way.

This is why to realize this phenomenon, from subtle to extreme, would be important. At least that is what seemed to me today. What is your feeling?......

No comments:

Post a Comment