Thursday 16 April 2009

"know thyself"




Since I was very young I heard the statement "know thyself" or "It is important to know yourself"....It sounded like a good idea....a reasonable idea....but i did not know exactly why.....

The other day in a dialogue, a group of us was talking about the possibility that all in the universe, even though it looks and feels as separate entities, could be just one.......

And then an idea came to my mind. If (and this is a big "if") all in the universe shares or partakes the same essence, then the mind shares its essence with the whole universe....

Meaning that if I know "my" mind, I would know it all....all life......all that exists, both manifest and unmanifested......

Is that the meaning of "knowing thyself"?......

But then a question came up automatically: How to look at the mind?......and this is the question we want to post today....for all of us.......

No comments:

Post a Comment